Pastor of Preaching and Vision
David’s has been married to Judi since 1992 and God has blessed them with 8 children. The three oldest are boys and the five youngest are girls.
Education and Ministry
- Pastor of Preaching and Vision since November 2003
- Adjunct Instructor of Christian Preaching and Pastoral Ministry at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- Graduate of Huntingdon College (1988-1991).
- Master of Divinity from the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary (1994-1997).
- Completed a Ph.D. in preaching at Southern Seminary (2011)
- David’s ministry is extended through Sound Words Media Ministry (website launching soon).
David Can Often be Found Doing…
Anything that involves spending time with Judi and the children. I enjoy football and basketball but I am a baseball aficionado and believe baseball will probably be the primary sport in the New Heavens and New Earth. If I am not spending time with the family, watching or playing sports with the kids, I can usually be found reading.
If David Had One Last Meal it Would be…
A Mexican feast prepared by Judi.
The Most Played Artists on His iPod are…
Sermons, music by Andrew Peterson, Keith Green, Sara Groves, David Wilcox, and lots of folk music.
The Most Influential Authors Outside the Bible David has Read are…
Edmund Clowney, Andrew Fuller, George Eldon Ladd, Graeme Goldsworthy, Irenaeus, John MacArthur, John Piper, Tom Schreiner, and Russell Moore.